Tuesday, August 19, 2008

July 18, 2008

This Summer Sundown Series is off to a great start! Vic Zeller treated a full room to his wealth of knowledge and insight about the universe in general and, in particular, UFO experiences that have been relayed to and investigated by him over the years.

MY EXPERIENCE:
Personally, I have always had a strong interest in UFO's since my own "close encounter" at the shore in New Bedford, MA. back in 1966.

Three saucers flew towards me from across the water and hovered right above where my companion and I were on the shore. They stayed for several moments before they headed back out to sea.

I found it interesting that they were shaped just like the sort of thing you'd see in the movies in the 50's and 60's - saucer shaped with a clearly visible dome shape on the top.

After this experience, I felt compelled to try and find out where they were from so I joined the airline as a stewardess, thinking that my peers in the field of avionics might be able to offer me some insight or, at the very least, share some similar experiences.

I learned that, yes, many pilots see things they cannot explain but I also learned that they were reluctant to talk about it for fear of losing their jobs and being labeled as a nut.

Sunday Morning did a segment recently on UFOs and said that one out of five Americans claim to have had some sort of UFO experience and that half of all Americans believe in the possibility of life in other parts of the universe.

The Vatican has even issued a statement that it is okay to believe in alien life as long as we think of them as our brothers and sisters.

Countries like France, England and Japan have opened up their files regarding UFO's. Astronauts have reported seeing things in outer space and some have come forward and talked about it.

I have to say that probably the best benefit of having had a "close encounter" is the way that it opened up my mind to the idea that anything is possible. And with an open mind those possibilities are infinite.

If you've had an experience you'd like to share with me, I'd love to hear about it.

If you would like to re-publish this article, you may as long as you include all of the following: Rebecca Cushing is a lifelong student of metaphysics and a certified Silva UltraMind Instructor who travels throughout America lecturing on metaphysics and teaching this life-altering meditation technique. For more information and to find out when she is coming to a city near you visit www.RebeccaCushing.com.

No comments: